Big Picture Philadelphia works with Education Plus Health
to run a school-based health center at Vaux Big Picture High School. This health center offers a variety of services and is always open during school hours.
Services Available at Vaux's School-Based Health Center
- Visit with school-based Health Center team Nurse Practitioner Melody Piranian and LPN Nakia Johnson for a physical, a sick visit, a flu shot, sexual health sevices (including an STI or pregnancy test), COVID testing, and more.
- We offer sports physicals, well child physicals, drivers permit physicals, sick visits, and some medication refills.
- We also host dental clinics, vision appointments, and vaccine clinics.
- Meet with HRC Coordinator Haley Gillespie for sexual health education and testing, condoms, giveaways, and more.
- Meet with Community Health Worker Dana Robinson for asthma education, nutrition, behavioral health resources, health insurance, and other social needs.
Additional Info for Students
- We are open during school hours. You do not need to schedule an appointment in advance but you can ONLY visit with a note from your teacher. If you do not have a note, we will have to send you back to class.
- We are located on the 4th Floor, across from the cafeteria.
- Students and their parent or guardian should make sure to complete the health center consent form (link at right) before seeing this team.